- Candidates should be of Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent.
- Aptitude, interest and experience will be taken into account.
- All entries are subject to interview.
- Garda clearance is essential.
- Introduction to Nursing
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Safety and Health at Workplace
- Work Experience
- Human Growth and Development
- Care, Provision and Practice
- Child Development
- Word Processing
Learners, who have successfully completed the full FETAC Level 5 Nursing Studies Award, on a competitive basis, are eligible to apply for nurse training degree programmes at University, both in Ireland and the UK.
Approximately €280 for course materials. Please refer to the Costs Section on page 1 for details of additional registration, certification and transport costs.
- FETAC Level 5 Nursing Studies Award (DCHSN)
- Manual Handling of Patients Certificate
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Certificate
- FETAC Level 5 Occupational First-Aid Certificate (optional)
Work experience placement is an integral part of this course. Candidates gain first-hand experience by attending appropriate and related work placements within the healthcare environment. Garda clearance is essential to partake in work experience which comprises of a minimum of three weeks work placement.
Previous Learner Pathways
Previous learners, who have successfully completed the Nursing Studies course, are now studying or employed as:
- Registered general nurses;
- Registered nurses for intellectual disabilities;
- Registered midwives;
- Dental nurses;
- Emergency medical technicians within the ambulance services;
- Carers in the hospital/nursing homes;
- Carers in the community;
- Child care workers;
- Social care workers;
- Complimentary healthcare therapists;
- Special needs assistants.